Intelligence, BDI Architectures, Robotics, Cognitive Science, Computational
Linguistics, AI Education, Evolutionary Computation, Programming
Paradigms, Computer uses in Education.
- Associate Director for Education & Diversity, Center for Science of Information
- Co-PI, Institute for Personal Robots in Education
Program Committee, AAAI Spring Symposium Series Symposium on
Developmental Robotics, Stanford, CA, 2005.
Program Committee, FLAIRS-2004, and FLAIRS-2005 Track on Artificial
Intelligence Education, Florida.
of Organizing Committee, Pyro Workshop 2003 (U. Mass.-Lowell, MA)
and 2004 (Bryn Mawr College, PA).
Program Committee, ICCS-2002 (International Conference on Conceptual
Computer Education for the 21st Century, Project Kaleidoscope
2002 Summer Institute, Williamsburg, VA, June 2 - June 5, 2002.
of the Program Committee, IJCAI 2001 Workshop on Effective Interactive
of the Program Committee, ACM
SIGCSE 2000, March 8 to 12, Austin, TX.
of the Program Committee, FLAIRS 2000 (Florida AI Research Symposium)
of Program Committee, AAAI 1999 (American Assoc. of Artificial Intelligence
of Program Committee, FLAIRS 1999 (Florida AI Research Symposium),
May 1 to 5, 1999, Orlando, FL.
publications available online
My ACM Inroads Columns:
- A Maniacal Search for Truth in Comics, ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2010. [PDF]
- Labguage Wars & False Dichotomies, ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2010. [PDF]
- Top Secret Rosies, ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2011. [PDF]
- Ready for a Third peak? ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2011. [PDF]
- Taking Stock. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2012. [PDF]
- Data Science Overtakes Computer Science? ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2012. [PDF]
- 2012: Celebrating Alan Turing Year. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2013. [PDF]
- The Changing, Not Evolving, Pedagiogy of CS1. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2013. [PDF]
- Digital Playgrounds for Early Computing Education. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2014. [PDF]
- Disrupting the Cultural Capital of Brogrammers. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2014 [PDF]
- Mond the Gap. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2016.
- Postcards from the UK: CS for all. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2016.
My ACM Intelligence Magazine
(Formerly, SIGART Bulletin)
learning for the (CS) Masses, Clare B. Congdon, Summer 2001.
AI, Spring 2001.
Much Programming? What Kind?, January 2001.
and Social Implications of AI: Stories and Plays, Richard G.
Epstein, Fall 2000.
- Teaching "New
AI", Rolf Feifer, Summer 2000.
AI, Richard Wyatt, Spring 2000.
AI Education Repository, ACM Intelligence, January 2000.
Introductory AI, ACM Intelligence, Winter 1999.
New Life for AI Artifacts, ACM Intelligence, Summer 1999.
Dimensions of Game Playing, ACM
Intelligence, Spring 1999.
New Synthesis, ACM SIGART Bulletin, Winter 1998.
Competitions as Class Projects, Lisa Meeden and Douglas Blank
(Guest Contributors), ACM SIGART Bulletin, Fall199.
about Embedded Agents, ACM SIGART Bulletin, , Summer 1998.
Installment, ACM SIGART Bulletin, Fall 1997.