CS 206 -- Fall 2019
The following document is a very brief reference sheet. Almost all of the data here can be found either on the course website or on links from there.
- Instructor: Geoffrey Towell , Park 204
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Office hours: T 10:00-11:00AM, W 1:00-2:00PM, or by appointment
- Textbook: Data Structures and Algorithms by Goodrich, Tamassia and Goldwasser
- Course Website:https://cs.brynmawr.edu/Courses/cs206/fall2019/. This will be updated after almost every class to include the material covered in that class, including all slides and programs. Chalkboard scribbles will not appear here.
- Java style guide and code formatting standards: https://cs.brynmawr.edu/Courses/cs206/fall2019/style.pdf All submitted work should adhere to these standards. I will attempt to adhere to these standards in published examples, but will often not do so in class due to time or space constraints
- Syllabus: https://cs.brynmawr.edu/Courses/cs206/fall2019/syllabus.html This is subject to change and may not be up to date.
- Grades will be awarded based on the number of points earned and according to the
percentage breakdowns shown.
Lab grade will be based on attendance and effort. There will be a sign-in sheet, be sure to sign in.
Homework assignments will be posted on the course website.
Midterms will be in class. Closed book, closed notes, no electronic devices.
The final will be self-scheduled during exam week. It is intended to be more of a third mid-term than a true final although it will cover material from the whole course.
- Grades will be posted using Moodle (once I figure out how to do so). This will be pretty much the only information NOT available on the course web site.