Bryn Mawr College
CMSC 399 Senior Conference
Prof. Deepak Kumar
Course Information: This is the webpage for Spring 2020 Senior Conference. Please pay special attention to Important Dates and class meeting schedule.
Instructor: Deepak Kumar, 202 Park Science Building, x7485
E-Mail: dkumar at cs dot brynmawr dot edu
Lecture Hours: Fridays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Room: 337 PSB
Texts & Software
1/24: 3-page outline due
2/7: Extended abstract due (8-10 pages) - intro, motivation, background, literature review, your efforts to date
3/20: First draft due
4/3: Second draft
4/17: Final report/thesis due
General Terms & Conditions
- You are required to meet with your Project/Thesis Advisor(s) on a weekly basis to consult on your work.
- Attendance in ALL class meetings is REQUIRED (See Grading below).
- Active participation in Weekly meetings is required (See Grading below)
- All deadlines are FIRM. There will be a 10% penaltyfor every day that something is submitted late (weekends included).
- Please DO NOT schedule any job interviews etc. during class meeting times. No exceptions. It will affect your attendance (See Grading below).
Your total grade will be calculated as a weighted average according to the following weights:
Making all deadlines: 20%
Discussions, progress reports, peer feedback: 10%
Report/Thesis quality: 50%
Department Web Page for Senior Project/Thesis Guidelines