Bryn Mawr College
CS 240: Computer Organization
Due in class on Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Description: Write a LC-3 assembly language program to compute
the minimum value stored in 10 memory locations.
- You will need to store 10
random values in consecutive memory locations. Store them starting from
- Leave the minimum value found in register R1.
- Store your program starting from memory location x3000
- Start by writing the program in pseudocode, choose registers for variables
used in psuedocode. Encode the pseudocode in LC-3 instructions.
- Hand in a printout of the state of the memory after a successful execution
of your program. You can do this by going to the File menu (in the simulator)
and selecting the Save memory... option. Make sure that the "Save Registers"
option is selected and then specify a text file name. Then print the saved
file. Additionally, provide a printout of the psuedocode, and the name-encoding
of the LC-3 isntructions.
Back to CS240 Home Page