CS 110: Lab Exercises
September 16, 2008
- If you haven't played with the gamepad yet, try it out! (See chapter 1 for details.)
- If you haven't done the exercises at the end of chapter 2, do some of those, especially #1-5 and 7.
Additional exercises for:
Assignment 1: "Personalize your robot."
Invent a personality for it, including the following aspects:
- Give it a name and a brief motto that it likes to state.
- Think of other personality traits for your robot (likes, dislikes, hobbies, peeves).
Write a program that makes your robot introduce itself to the class in 30-60 seconds.
Include a mention of its name, motto, and any other interesting information.
- Write a paragraph or two about the experience of personalizing your robot. What was hard or easy?
What was interesting? How did friends react to it?
- [EXTRA CREDIT] Give your robot one of the following, and include this in its introduction:
- A signature tune/song/short beep sequence it likes to whistle
- A signature dance move to wow other robots with (not just copied from the book)
- A particular type of shape or art it likes to produce
Turn in on Tuesday, September 23:
- A printout of the code (the module with all the functions you defined).
Make sure it has helpful comments, including a header with your name and a short summary of the code.
- A printout of the written analysis.
- An in-class self-introduction (live) by your robot.